Celebrate YOUR Croix Challenge
About this challenge:
This challenge celebrates the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and all of its trails: biking, hiking, and paddling. Explore on your own or join SCRA's guided outdoor experiences. Earn points by exploring the parks, completing trails, and sharing your LOVE for these places as a park steward.
Earn 20 points or more to complete this challenge and qualify for amazing prizes!
Who can participate? Everyone! Individuals, families, friends groups, kids of all ages, seasoned outdoors people, and new to the outdoors people.
How to participate:
- Explore the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway by completing a variety of activities from the Celebrate Your Croix Challenge Info and Form
- Check off activities upon completion; add up your points as you go
- Build a total of 20 points
- One form per person (individual) or team (family, couple, friends, etc.)
- Return your completed Celebrate Your Croix Challenge Info and Form to the St. Croix River Association and be entered into drawing for some great prizes!
- Deadlines and awards: Earn 20 points by National Public Lands Day on September 28, 2019 to earn a Celebrate YOUR Croix challenge sticker and get your name included in a drawing for several grand prizes, sponsored by the St. Croix River Association
- One top points earner will win a special prize!
- First 10 finishers: receive a Explore Namekagon and St. Croix Rivers Dry Bag
When: National Trails Day on Saturday, June 1 to National Public Lands Day on Saturday, September 28
Where: All bike, hiking and water trails in the St. Croix River Valley - Trail Challenge Resources
Cost: FREE! (Recreation at state and some county parks will require a small admission fee)
Celebrate Your Croix Challenge Resources:
- Riverway maps and recreation information here: Trail Challenge Resources
- Learn and follow all park regulations. Always respect the rights of private property owners.
- Think safety first! Check the Riverway website for updates on current river conditions.
- Current news will be announced on the SCRA website and social media.
- Help protect park resources by practicing Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics.
Share your challenge experiences on social media!