Willow River Family Snowshoe
January 19, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFREE
Bring the whole family to experience the park in its winter splendor! Learn to snowshoe or improve your skills as you walk through stands of red pine and prairie, and learn more about the winter river ecosystem. There will be some hot beverages at the end of the snowshoe!
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
- If you have your own snowshoes, please bring them. Snowshoe rentals are also available at the Bloomington REI, some state parks, and some outfitters. If this is not possible, SCRA has a limited number of snowshoes available that participants can borrow for free.
Cost: Free (Admission to the state park is required)
Meeting location: Willow River State Park Group Campground
Address: 1034 County Hwy A, Hudson, WI 54016
From downtown Hudson, at the Vine Street stoplight turn east. Follow Vine Street up the hill to County Highway A (Carmichael Road). Turn left and follow County A to the park entrance.
From Interstate Highway 94, take Exit # 4 and go north on US Highway 12 for about 1.6 miles. Go straight on to County Highway U for about 0.3 mile to County Highway A. Continue north on Highway A 1.5 miles. The park entrance will be on the left.
Trail: Pines Snowshoe Trail
Participant gear list:
– Snowshoes (unless borrowing from SCRA)
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)