- This event has passed.
February 21 @ 9:27 am
Teachers on the River 2019 Summer Workshops
Minnesota and Wisconsin educators – this river workshop is for you!
We want to get you out of the classroom and on the river this summer, rediscovering your local National Park, the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway. These workshops are designed to familiarize educators with the Rivers Are Alive K-12 environmental education program, a partnership between the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and St. Croix River Association. Rivers Are Alive is a standards-aligned, student-centered and nature-based classroom and field trip program.
Cost: Free, except state park day pass fees for the workshops scheduled for July 23, 25, July 30, Aug 1, Aug 6 and Aug 8
Workshop Schedule – Time: 9am – 4pm
9am – noon: Classroom Connections
- Light breakfast, Intro to the Rivers Are Alive program and networking
- Hear about the learning cycle used for all Rivers Are Alive experiences
- Engage in a variety of Rivers Are Alive classroom and experience NEW pre and post activities
Noon – 1pm: Lunch and self-guided nature discovery activity
1 – 4pm: Field Trip Fun
- Experience field trip activities that encourage exploration and discovery of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems
- Meet our field trip partners who help us to provide comprehensive and fun field trips for schools
- Participate in reflection exercises that bring added meaning and comprehension to a Rivers Are Alive experience