Sunday in the Slough
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$25 – $45
This scenic paddle will venture off the main channel of the river and into the Kettle River Slough, one of the Riverway’s best-kept secrets. Sunday in the Slough will reveal the wild side of the St. Croix as we experience the aquatic and terrestrial life; eagles, otters, heron, mergansers and osprey are some of the animals we may encounter.
During the 11.7 mile, moderate paddle, participants will learn more about the glacial and human history of the Riverway as we paddle through the ancient Glacial Duluth spillway and make a stop at an old copper paint mine.
Trip Rating: 4 (This paddle is recommended for experienced paddlers)
Paddle Distance: 12 miles (Nelson’s landing to Hwy 70 landing)
- This paddle is for adults only, age 18 and above
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact all registered participants.
- We require all participants to wear PFD’s.
Costs: Costs vary, depending on your equipment needs (see below)
- $45 Equipment rental and shuttle
- $25 BYO equipment and shuttle
Meeting location: Wild River Outfitters, Grantsburg, WI
15177 State Road 70
Grantsburg, WI 54840
Driving directions: Located four miles west of Grantsburg, WI on Highway 70