- This event has passed.
Spring Forward Winter Walk
March 8 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFREE
Reap the benefits of an extra hour of sunshine as you ski through winter woodlands along the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway!
Bask in the winter scenery, get healthy exercise, and have some fun under the sun!Let a St. Croix River Association trail guide lead you through the snow-covered oak savannah and njoy some hot beverages and community at the end of the walk.
– If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
Trail: To be determined (snow conditions dependent)
Meeting location: Wild River State Park
Address: 39797 Park Trail, Center City, MN 55012
Take Interstate 35 to exit #147 at North Branch, Take Hwy 95 south for 14 miles to County road 12. Go three miles on Co Rd 12 the road will end into the park. After purchasing your day pass, follow the main state park road less than .25 miles and turn left at the sign that says “Trail Center”. Follow that road to a large parking lot on your left (you will see the brown trail center on your right). Route is well signed.
Participant gear list:
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts.
– Please note that SCRA Outside will no longer allow dogs at our events.