Sand Rock Cliffs Snowshoe
February 8 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFREE
Snowshoe alongside the frozen St. Croix with a Park Ranger and a St. Croix River Association trail guide. We will wind through white pine plantations on the Sandrock Cliffs Trail with some moderate ups and downs. The highlight of the trail system is the sandstone cliffs located in a side channel of the river. This trail is best for snowshoers that have snowshoeing experience or are up for a challenge. Enjoy some hot beverages and community at the end of the snowshoe.
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
- If you have your own snowshoes, please bring them. Snowshoe rentals are also available at the Bloomington REI, some state parks, and some outfitters. If this is not possible, SCRA has a limited number of snowshoes available that participants can borrow for free.
Meeting location: Sand Rock Cliffs Trailhead at Highway 70
Address: 15996 State Hwy 70, Grantsburg, WI 54840
Follow Hwy 70 west from Grantsburg, WI. Before you cross the St. Croix River, there will be a sign on the north side of the road for the Sand Rock Cliffs Trailhead and the Hwy 70 Landing.
Trail: Sand Rock Cliffs Trail (3 mile loop)
Participant gear list:
– Snowshoes (unless borrowing from SCRA)
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts.
– Please note that SCRA Outside will no longer allow dogs at our events.