- This event has passed.
Picnic in Your Park
October 11, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Special thanks to the Horst Rechelbacher Foundation and The Watershed Cafe for their continual support!
The past few months have changed the way we do most things, but one thing has stayed the same—the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway is there for us. We enjoy the calls of bald eagles soaring over the river bluffs and pines, the calming breeze coming off the river, the happy smiles of strangers enjoying their time on the water–these moments have filled us with joy at a time when many of us have needed it the most.
Please join us for a new fundraising event on Sunday, October 11 that will celebrate your love for the Riverway while contributing to its continued protection.
Your tickets ($300 per basket, $200 tax deductible), include everything you need to enjoy a gourmet picnic! Just pick up your customized, reusable SCRA picnic basket at the Horst Rechelbacher Acreage in Osceola, Wisconsin and find the perfect spot to enjoy the fall colors and your delicious, locally-sourced meal from The Watershed Cafe.
What’s in the basket?
The basket, designed for 2 people, will include everything you need to enjoy your meal, including Pellegrino sparkling water for each person. It will include:
- An appetizer cheese board for two, including two cheeses, fruit, nuts, and crackers
- Your choice of main course (basket will include two stews, please share your choice in registration)
- Duck Wild Rice Stew – A hearty stew featuring wild rice, duck, celery, carrots, and finished with cream; served with a house made roll
- Pozole – A traditional Mexican soup featuring hominy, steamed pork, garlic, onion, and tomato; served with blue corn chips (GLUTEN FREE)
- Common Harvest Stew – A tomato and butternut squash-based stew featuring sweet potato, carrots, and onions; served with a house made roll (VEGETARIAN)
- Dessert will be a chocolate torte (GLUTEN FREE)
Only 50 baskets are available…keep scrolling to sign up today!
You will also receive suggestions for some of the best picnicking locations throughout the St. Croix watershed. Because of COVID-19 restrictions, we encourage you to bring your own camp chairs and/or picnic blanket to find your perfect spot.
How will it work?
Pick up your picnic basket at the Horst Rechelbacher Acreage between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Sunday, October 11. We will welcome you and load your basket(s) in your trunk or back seat, and say goodbye all with social distancing and touch-free service.
Picnic Upgrade Available! SOLD OUT
For those interested in a little bit more, we will have 10 picnic spots on the Horst Rechelbacher Acreage. A donation of $50 reserves one of these spots until 3:00 PM so you can enjoy the sweeping autumnal colors of prairie and forest along with your meal. Please note that there are no public restrooms on the property.
Leave No Trace
As you start to think about where you might want to enjoy your picnic, please keep Leave No Trace principles in mind.