- This event has passed.
February 22 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pmFREE
Strap on your snowshoes and join us for a hike at the Trego Nature Trail and explore the Namekagon River and its beauty!
Spend a snowy winter afternoon up north on the Trego Nature Trail with a Park Ranger and a St. Croix River Association trail guide. Learn about the rugged history of the Namekagon River as you improve your snowshoe skills on this easy loop. The area is frequented by foxes, snowshoe hares, and muskrats, so keep your eyes open for signs of winter wildlife. Enjoy some hot beverages and community at the end of the snowshoe.
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
- If you have your own snowshoes, please bring them. Snowshoe rentals are also available at the Bloomington REI, some state parks, and some outfitters. If this is not possible, SCRA has a limited number of snowshoes available that participants can borrow for free.
Meeting location: Trego Nature Trailhead
Address: River Road, Trego, WI 54888
Coordinates: 45.928415, -91.867909
Trail: Trego Nature Trail (2.2-2.8 miles)
Participant gear list:
– Snowshoes (unless borrowing from SCRA)
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts.
– Please note that SCRA Outside will no longer allow dogs at our events.