- This event has passed.
Navigating the Namekagon’s North Woods
August 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$25
Embark on a kayak journey down the wild and scenic Namekagon River with the St. Croix River Association and a National Park Ranger. The Namekagon is part of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, one of America’s first wild and scenic rivers and a national park. Learn about the North Woods recreation culture that led to the conservation efforts that now protect the Namekagon River.
We will stop for a break during the paddle at a historic cabin that is representative of the early North Woods recreation culture. This moderate 12.1 mile paddle will inspire you to return to the North Woods of the Namekagon to enjoy the solitude that so many visitors before you have experienced.
Trip Rating: 3 (This paddle is recommended for experienced paddlers)
Distance: 12.1 miles
- This paddle is for adults, ages 18 and up.
- This paddle requires you to bring your own boat and paddle.
- We require participants to wear PFD’s and will have extra PFD’s on hand.
Cost: $25 per adult
Nearest town to meeting place: Webb Lake, WI
Trip meeting address: Howell Landing (East) off of Burian Place
Coming from Danbury, WI (from the west):
- Turn left onto WI-35 N/WI-77 E and follow it for 2.2 miles
- Turn right onto WI-77 E and follow it for 16.1 miles
- Turn right onto Burian Place Rd and follow it for 1.41 miles to Howell Landing
- Equipment: kayak, paddle, PFD
- Water shoes (Please, no flip flops)
- Appropriate layers for the weather
- Sun Protection: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Nourishment: lunch, snacks, plenty of water
- Dry bag: Can be as simple as a Ziplock bag to keep your belongings dry
SCRA Outside events are alcohol-free, drug-free, smoke-free, and weapon-free.