- This event has passed.
Morning Prairie Spring Walk – Canceled
March 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Join us to explore the prairie looking for signs of wildlife in spring alongside restored prairie, and hardwood and evergreen forests! There are several bird species to observe, as well as woodland animals, such as squirrels digging for the food they stashed earlier in the year.
– If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a spring walk.
Meeting location: Engelwood Trailhead
Address: 215 280th St. Osceola, Wisconsin 54020
Coming from Osceola, WI: Turn left onto WI-35 S/N Cascade St and continue to follow WI-35 S for 4.7 miles. Turn right onto 30th Ave and follow 30th Ave for 1.7 miles. Slight left onto 30th Ave/Brandt Rd (curves left for 118’). Turn left onto 280th St/Ridge Rd and follow it 0.9 miles to the Standing Cedars parking lot on the west side of the road.
Trail: Engelwood Trail
Participant gear list:
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts.
– Please note that SCRA Outside will no longer allow dogs at our events.