Morning Prairie Snowshoe
March 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Join us to explore the prairie while snowshoeing and looking for animal tracks and other signs of wildlife in winter! You will be able to improve your snowshoe skills on this easy loop as you make your way alongside hardwood and evergreen forests. There are several bird species to observe, as well as woodland animals, such as squirrels digging for the food they stashed earlier in the year. Enjoy some hot beverages and community at the end of the snowshoe.
– If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
– If you have your own snowshoes, please bring them. Snowshoe rentals are also available at the Bloomington REI, some state parks, and some outfitters. If this is not possible, SCRA has a limited number of snowshoes available that participants can borrow for free.
Meeting location: Engelwood Trailhead
Address: 215 280th St. Osceola, Wisconsin 54020
Coming from Osceola, WI: Turn left onto WI-35 S/N Cascade St and continue to follow WI-35 S for 4.7 miles. Turn right onto 30th Ave and follow 30th Ave for 1.7 miles. Slight left onto 30th Ave/Brandt Rd (curves left for 118’). Turn left onto 280th St/Ridge Rd and follow it 0.9 miles to the Standing Cedars parking lot on the west side of the road.
Trail: Engelwood Trail
Participant gear list:
– Snowshoes (unless borrowing from SCRA)
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts.
– Please note that SCRA Outside will no longer allow dogs at our events.