Full Moon St. Croix Snowshoe
January 10, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFREE
Bask in the light of the full moon as you snowshoe through winter woodlands along the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway!
Join us for a nighttime adventure in the woods! Leave your flashlights at home and let a Park Ranger and a St. Croix River Association hiking guide lead you through the twilight with breathtaking views of the river. Learn about some of the nighttime adaptations of Wisconsin’s winter wildlife and how they survive long, cold winter nights. Enjoy some hot beverages and community at the end of the snowshoe.
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
- If you have your own snowshoes, please bring them. Snowshoe rentals are also available at the Bloomington REI, some state parks, and some outfitters. If this is not possible, SCRA has a limited number of snowshoes available that participants can borrow for free.
Meeting location: Osceola Loop of the Ridge View Trails Trailhead
From St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin, go south on Highway 35 for 2 miles. Turn right on County Road S and drive for 3 more miles. Park in the 2nd parking lot on your right.
Address: 94 County Road S, Osceola, WI
Trail: Ridgeview Trail
Participant gear list:
– Snowshoes (unless borrowing from SCRA)
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Headlight/headlamp (optional)